468x60



Introducing Yourself



This is just a basic way to introduce yourself. After greeting somebody for the first time, you can say :

1) 만나서 반갑습니다. It’s nice to meet you.
    Man-na-seo ban-gap-seum-ni-da.
OR
2) 처음 뵙겠습니다. I’m pleased to meet you.
    Cheo-eum boep-get-seum-ni-da.


And then introduce yourself:

1)  Robert 입니다. (I) am Robert.
     Robert-im-ni-da.
OR
2)  Robert 라고 합니다. (I) am Robert. (Lit. I am called ‘Robert’.)
     Robert-ra-go ham--ni-da.


You may have noticed that the pronoun ‘I’ is omitted, as is normally the case in Korean sentences where the subject is obvious.
When referring to the person you are addressing, the Korean pronoun for ‘you’ is almost never used:

1)  Robert 니? Are (you) Robert?
     Robert-ni? (Casual)

Want a better view? Download this note :

 

No comments:

Post a Comment